I don’t have a real post for today, so this will have to suffice. I was on spring break all last week, so I have a couple posts saved up for this week. The week after that I won’t have much (or any) homework, so I will try to post all week! Anyway, enough with the posting schedule and my life, here are some random questions!
1. How old were you when you first started riding: I rode a horse the first time at age 3.
2. First horse ridden: Whatever horse I rode at 3 around a parking lot at a trail barn.
3. First horse trotted on: I don’t remember because it was at the place I rode western.
4. First horse cantered on: Same as above, although I could only canter for a few steps before I got afraid and made the horse stop. The first horse I cantered more than a few steps on was Boomer.
5. First horse fallen off of: Lola
6. Most recent horse fallen off of: Belle, the shetland pony. She would pretend to spook and because she was so fat & I was riding bareback I fell off!
7. First horse you trotted over poles with: Either Boomer or Infinity.
8. First horse jumped with: Either Boomer or Infinity
9. First horse who ran away with you: I’ve never had a horse runaway with me!
10. First horse that scared the crap out of you: Pedro, although he didn’t really scare I just really didn’t want to be riding him.
11. First horse shown: Jay
12. First horse to win a class with: Boomer
13. Do you/have you taken lessons: Yes, and I currently am!
14. First horse you ever rode bareback: Probably a horse at a camp where I took a bareback class. My first english trainer wasn’t a fan of bareback riding, but I love it so luckily my other 2 have been.
15. First horse trail ridden with: I rode lots of trail horses on trail rides in various places, but the first horse I truly did I trail ride with (aka the horse wasn’t just following the horse in front of it) was Lola.
16. Current Barn name: Winter Rose Equestrian Center
17. Do you ride English or western: I have ridden both, but have pretty much given up western (besides the occasional trail ride), except I would like to do another gymkhana.
18. First Horse to place at a show with: Probably Boomer.
19. Ever been to horse camp: Yes, I used to go to a place called Friendly Pines.
20. Ever been to a riding clinic: No
21. Ridden sidesaddle: No, but I want to!
22. First horse leased: Radar
23. First horse owned: I haven’t owned a horse yet! Although, according to the AHJA , I do own Radar.
24. Highest ribbon in a show: Reserve Champion
25. Ever been to an ‘B’ rated show: Nope
26. Ever competed in pony games/relay races: I went to a gymkhana with a pony.
27. Ever fallen off at a show: No, and I want to keep it that way!
28. Do you ride Hunter/Jumpers: Hunters sadly, I so want to do jumpers! I showed jumper once.
29. Have you ever barrel raced: Yeah, but just trotting and Lola bucked during it at the gymkhana.
30. Ever done pole bending: Yes! I actually got 2nd in the class!
31. Favorite gait: I like canter the most, but I don’t dislike walk and trot.
32. Ever cantered bareback: Yes!
33. Have you ever done dressage: Kind of, my first english trainer was a dressage trainer, I used to ride in a dressage ring, and now I ride an ex-dressage horse, although I have never done a test before.
34. Have you ever evented: No, but I want to!
35. Have you ever mucked a stall: Yeah!
36. Ever been bucked off: No, I don’t think so! Lola crow hopped me off once & there might have been a buck in there.
39. Do you wear a helmet?: Always
40. What’s the highest you’ve jumped: I don’t know! Around 2’3″
41. Have you ever ridden at night: Sometimes.
42. Do you watch horsey television shows: I watched part of the Saddle Club, and watched Horse Power: Road to the Maclay on youtube.
43. Have you ever been seriously hurt/injured from a fall: No
44. Have you ever ridden without anything: I tried once, although I did keep Radar’s bridle on so I could control him if the rope didn’t work. It didn’t (probably because he can’t neck-rein). My friend jumped tackless once!
45. Do you ride in an arena or ring: What’s the difference? My trainer calls it both, so I’m going with both!
46. Have you ever been trampled by a horse: Thankfully, no.
47. Have you ever been bitten: Yes, once by Lola on my right thumb.
48. Ever had your foot stepped on by a horse: Yeah! The funny thing is, I have really only been stepped on by ponies, not an actual horse.
49. Do you clean your tack regularly: I clean my bridle after every ride, but I used to clean my saddle only before shows. Now I do it about once a month.
50. Ever played ride-a-buck: I was going to in a show , but the class ended up right before our other classes, and we had already gotten all ready when we figured this out!