I have moved the blog to Blogger! I find it easier to access older posts on there. I archived everything on there.
I don’t have a real post for today, so this will have to suffice. I was on spring break all last week, so I have a couple posts saved up for this week. The week after that I won’t have much (or any) homework, so I will try to post all week! Anyway, enough with the posting schedule and my life, here are some random questions!
1. How old were you when you first started riding: I rode a horse the first time at age 3.
2. First horse ridden: Whatever horse I rode at 3 around a parking lot at a trail barn.
3. First horse trotted on: I don’t remember because it was at the place I rode western.
4. First horse cantered on: Same as above, although I could only canter for a few steps before I got afraid and made the horse stop. The first horse I cantered more than a few steps on was Boomer.
5. First horse fallen off of: Lola
6. Most recent horse fallen off of: Belle, the shetland pony. She would pretend to spook and because she was so fat & I was riding bareback I fell off!
7. First horse you trotted over poles with: Either Boomer or Infinity.
8. First horse jumped with: Either Boomer or Infinity
9. First horse who ran away with you: I’ve never had a horse runaway with me!
10. First horse that scared the crap out of you: Pedro, although he didn’t really scare I just really didn’t want to be riding him.
11. First horse shown: Jay
12. First horse to win a class with: Boomer
13. Do you/have you taken lessons: Yes, and I currently am!
14. First horse you ever rode bareback: Probably a horse at a camp where I took a bareback class. My first english trainer wasn’t a fan of bareback riding, but I love it so luckily my other 2 have been.
15. First horse trail ridden with: I rode lots of trail horses on trail rides in various places, but the first horse I truly did I trail ride with (aka the horse wasn’t just following the horse in front of it) was Lola.
16. Current Barn name: Winter Rose Equestrian Center
17. Do you ride English or western: I have ridden both, but have pretty much given up western (besides the occasional trail ride), except I would like to do another gymkhana.
18. First Horse to place at a show with: Probably Boomer.
19. Ever been to horse camp: Yes, I used to go to a place called Friendly Pines.
20. Ever been to a riding clinic: No
21. Ridden sidesaddle: No, but I want to!
22. First horse leased: Radar
23. First horse owned: I haven’t owned a horse yet! Although, according to the AHJA , I do own Radar.
24. Highest ribbon in a show: Reserve Champion
25. Ever been to an ‘B’ rated show: Nope
26. Ever competed in pony games/relay races: I went to a gymkhana with a pony.
27. Ever fallen off at a show: No, and I want to keep it that way!
28. Do you ride Hunter/Jumpers: Hunters sadly, I so want to do jumpers! I showed jumper once.
29. Have you ever barrel raced: Yeah, but just trotting and Lola bucked during it at the gymkhana.
30. Ever done pole bending: Yes! I actually got 2nd in the class!
31. Favorite gait: I like canter the most, but I don’t dislike walk and trot.
32. Ever cantered bareback: Yes!
33. Have you ever done dressage: Kind of, my first english trainer was a dressage trainer, I used to ride in a dressage ring, and now I ride an ex-dressage horse, although I have never done a test before.
34. Have you ever evented: No, but I want to!
35. Have you ever mucked a stall: Yeah!
36. Ever been bucked off: No, I don’t think so! Lola crow hopped me off once & there might have been a buck in there.
39. Do you wear a helmet?: Always
40. What’s the highest you’ve jumped: I don’t know! Around 2’3″
41. Have you ever ridden at night: Sometimes.
42. Do you watch horsey television shows: I watched part of the Saddle Club, and watched Horse Power: Road to the Maclay on youtube.
43. Have you ever been seriously hurt/injured from a fall: No
44. Have you ever ridden without anything: I tried once, although I did keep Radar’s bridle on so I could control him if the rope didn’t work. It didn’t (probably because he can’t neck-rein). My friend jumped tackless once!
45. Do you ride in an arena or ring: What’s the difference? My trainer calls it both, so I’m going with both!
46. Have you ever been trampled by a horse: Thankfully, no.
47. Have you ever been bitten: Yes, once by Lola on my right thumb.
48. Ever had your foot stepped on by a horse: Yeah! The funny thing is, I have really only been stepped on by ponies, not an actual horse.
49. Do you clean your tack regularly: I clean my bridle after every ride, but I used to clean my saddle only before shows. Now I do it about once a month.
50. Ever played ride-a-buck: I was going to in a show , but the class ended up right before our other classes, and we had already gotten all ready when we figured this out!
Yes, another contest, but this time I’m part of it! SheMovedToTexas is having March Madness for blogs. I signed up, and even though I don’t expect to win, it would be appreciated if you vote for me!
And since it’s Throwback Thursday (and this post needs a picture), this is me riding Infinity a couple years ago. Sadly, this is my favorite photo of us.
At the end of January, I went to the Hunt Cup show in Queen Creek. L (the other girl who was riding that show), my trainer, a few other people and I went down to the show on Saturday to get the horses settled into their stalls and used to the show grounds.
On Sunday, I got to the show grounds late and had to rush to get tacked up to warm up. After warming up, L rode in Walk/Trot. I believe they got champion of their division! Seeing as I wasn’t riding in the first classes of my division (W/T/C Crossrail), I actually had time to take pictures of her.
|Dixie (L’s pony)|
After Walk/Trot, I got Radar tacked up, right as my trainer had to tack up her horse to go in jumpers! I freaked out as I was warming up and my trainer was showing her horse, while people were riding in the crossrail classes. Luckily, the timing worked out okay. My first two classes were Crossrail Rider Hunter, and in both I got 6th out of 7 entries.
|Random dynamic pose|
The third class of the day for Radar and I was Crossrail Rider Eq O/F where I got 4 out of 7.
Then we had two flat classes where we placed 4th out of 9 and 2nd out of 7.
Now to the interesting stories of the weekend. Sadly, there were 2 slightly scary moments. The first was on Saturday during schooling. We were jumping over little gates (background of 1st Radar picture) because my trainer didn’t want to take down the gates to make crossrails. now, gates aren’t anything new to us, we’ve been schooling them at home for a while, but this show was the 1st time I have ever jumped at a show (only new years resolution completed). We did a line, Radar got excited after and did a mini buck, I lost my stirrup and both my trainer and I thought I was going to fall off. Somehow I managed to stay on and get Radar to stop cantering. Sadly, no one was there to take pictures, and that would have been interesting to see.
The second thing happened on Sunday. It was as I was getting on, andL was getting off. My trainer was holding Radar for me to get on, the problem was I normally have somewhat slack reins and let him walk a step when I get on. My trainer didn’t do this, and Radar reared and started backing, almost into Dixie. Luckily the issue was resolved before anybody got hurt.
I have decided to start a new series, Show Sunday! Every sunday (as long as I have show pictures) I will post the pictures and report. If anyone wants to send me pictures, you can do so at email@example.com (although I have enough for 3 weeks).
These photos are from O(ne)W(oman)S(how)S(eries) OF Other (not Stone).
And the show table:
My friend’s table:
Other random shots of my friend’s horses:
A cabinet of horses that belongs to the woman who ran the show:
First was the foal division.
Japanese Pudding, owned by me, he got first place!
Cookie Dough, owned by me:
Boomer, owned by me
And light foals, which I have no pictures of.
The reserve champion of the foal division:
The next division was draft. It started with Clydesdale. I had one entry, but no picture.
The next class was Shires. The third class of the draft division was Percheron. I had no entries in either of these classes.
After that was Belgians, where Annabelle got a fifth.
The final draft class of the day was other Draft. I entered Put a Hoof In It and he got 5th.
The third division of the day was Sport/Warmblood. The first class of this division was Thoroughbred. This class surprised me a bit, as I expected me gorgeous Sam to win the class, but he didn’t even place! Instead Once Upon A Time got a NAN card! (I’m not complaining, just surprised). Callista got 3rd.
The next class was Warmbloods, which I don’t seem to have pictures of.
After that was Carriage Breeds. Geo (can’t remember show name) got 3rd.
I had some Other Sport breeds, but their pictures didn’t get taken. Somehow I lacked pictures in my favorite division!
The next division was Light breed. The first class was Arabians. I had an entry in this class, but I didn’t expect him to place. He didn’t!
Then part arabians. I also had an entry in this class, who either didn’t place or placed low.
American Gaited came next. The little white horse (name: Victory Pass) on the left of this picture was my entry. No idea of placing.
All Spanish horse were up next. I had 3 entries in this class, To Dance the ChaCha (in the back of the first picture) George Who Rules, and I don’t know who the 3rd horse was (this show was over a month ago), probably Hola.
After that were the Morgans. Dancing to Victory was 5th and On Second Thought was 2nd.
Other Light was the last class in the Light division. I had my Christmas Saddlebred, Glory Calls, in this class (you can see his tail on the right).
The next division was Stock. by this point, I was experimenting with random shots. I also didn’t have many horses in this division, and I think it was right after lunch. definitely helps the enthusiasm! Quarter Horses were first.
This is a micro-mini!
Finally there was Long Ear/ Other Stock
Then Welsh, English, Other Pony, Exotic Horse & Pony, Other Breeds. I have no idea which is which!
I do know that this picture is from Exotic, because I jokingly entered my unicorn.
The last division was judged by breed for very limited runs/tests/factory customs/OOAK.
Sadly, I wouldn’t be spending today with Radar. But he gets to hang out with Valentine (the pony)!
Some sneak peeks at a post coming hopefully on sunday!
And a horse who has what looks like a heart on his forehead!
By the way, if you’re looking for a love and horse themed song, here you go:
No, I’m not having a contest, but She Moved to Texas is! Go chack it out at: http://www.shemovedtotexas.com/denim-breeches-giveaway/